Today’s bonus post will include a few apps that we have found to be the most useful, and a few announcements.
Part 1: Announcements
1. Some of you have been waiting patiently for the newsletter to come out. We’ll be resleasing the newsletter this June. Why the wait? We’re waiting to roll out a few opportunities prior to releasing the newsletter. What are those opportunities? Read on…
2. Firstly, we’re producing our new podcast, which should be released this Spring. You won’t want to miss our culture tips, hot research and musical recommendations each week. The pdocast will be catered specifically to those working in the medical field, especially surgeons, physicians and researchers.
3. Secondly, we’ll be releasing a FREE WEBINAR on conflict in the workplace, coming up very soon. The webinar will be available live, and will also be reposed in part on YouTube for those who participate. Webinars will taking place on a montly basis. Similarly, we will have several free downloads available through our website.
4. Another thing we are working is producing some exclusive paid content including helpful slide decks and webinar lectures on various cultural and commmunication topics.
5. We’ll also be releasing a forum through our website by the end of the year.
As usual, our consulting services are available to interested parties. For more information, e-mail us at email@example.com.
Do you have useful products in mind that you’d like to see us produce? Feel free to comment below.
PART 2: Apps
Now for the fun part. Here are several apps that we have enjoyed using recently, and descriptions from their developers:
- Evernote– “Evernote gives you the tools you need to keep your work effortlessly organized.”
- Sleep as Android– “Smart alarm clock with sleep cycle tracking. Wakes you gently in optimal moment for pleasant mornings.Features:
– Sleep cycle tracking with smart wake up uses your phone’s or wearable sensors (2 weeks trial) – Optional Pebble, Android Wear or Galaxy Gear smart watch tracking
– Google Fit, S Health integration – Smart bulb control with Philips HUE
– Sleep deficit, deep sleep and snoring statistics – Facebook, Twitter sharing
– Gentle volume nature sound alarms (birds, sea, storm…) and playlists
– Nature sound lullabies (whales, storm, sea, chants..) with binaural tones for fast fall asleep – Spotify integration or online radio alarms or lullabies
– Never oversleep again with CAPTCHA wake up verification (Math, Sheep counting, Phone shaking, Bathroom QR code or NFC tag) – Sleep talk recording, snoring detection and anti-snoring – Jet lag prevention – Oximetric Sleep Apnea pre-screening…”
- All-In-One Calculator- “Meet CalcKit, the most powerful All-in-One Calculator Pack for Android. Featuring over 150 unique calculators and unit converters, packed in with a highly customizable scientific calculator and even letting you build your own calculators and converters, CalcKit is the All-in-One Calculator you’ve been dreaming about. These features, combined with an intuitive and eye-catching design, make CalcKit stand out from its competitors.”
- Librivox: “LibriVox Audio Books offers unlimited access to over 24,000 free audiobooks. Each LibriVox audiobook can be streamed over the internet or downloaded for later use without any charge. The LibriVox Audio Books app includes listings for new recordings, featuring classic best sellers and out of print treasures.”
- Moon+ Reader– ” Innovative book reader with powerful controls & full functions: Read thousands of ebooks for free, supports online ebook libraries… Read local books with smooth scroll and tons of innovation… Support epub, pdf, mobi, chm, cbr, cbz, umd, fb2, txt, html, rar, zip or OPDS..”
- Pixlr– “Unlock your creativity with Pixlr – the free photo editor! Capture any moment and make it beautiful with over 2 million combinations of free effects, overlays, and filters. Once you’re done, share your finished work directly to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or your other favorite social networks!”
- Easy XKCD– “A fast and beautiful way to view your favorite xkcd comics.”
- Polaris office– ” Experience New All-in-One Complete Office Suite compatible with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe PDF.”
- Tiny Scanner – “Tiny Scanner is a little scanner app that turns android device into a portable document scanner and scan everything as images or PDFs.”
All of these apps have been fantastic to use. Yes, we realize that our list is biased toward Android today, but we plan to review other apps for iPhone soon. With that being said, several of the apps listed above are cross-platform.