How do you cultivate passion for what you do, even when times are challenging? Life is not always smooth sailing, and storms often come up. Challenges often try to tempt us to lose our passion for our workplaces, lives, and even dreams. They are obstacles, but they can be overcome with the right perspective. You might be asking “How do you motivate your team to keep going when they start losing passion?”
Here are a few suggestions:
- Remind them of the bigger company purpose and vision. Why does your company exist? What higher purpose does your company have? Does it have a humanitarian bent? How does it serve others? Get people back to the heartbeat of the company.
- Work on cultivating your positive work culture. This goes beyone happy hours. It’s creating an environment of trust, collegiality and fun. What can you do with your employees to allow them to relax and have fun? Can you plan a trip or a retreat? What about a nice relaxing game afternoon on a weekend? If your team is too big or people are on call, you can break one event down in to several events so that as many people can participate.
- Explore new ways to improve your company and find new strategies to expand your automated and non-automated income sources.
- Make small changes. These can lead to larger ones.
- Go outside of your comfort zone if needed to help someone.
- What’s the problem? Get to the root of it and think about long term solutions.
- Feeling a bit burned out? Delegate and encourage teamwork. As the old adage says, “There is no “I” in team.”
- Challenge yourelf and your team. Allow time for creative thinking and innovation.
- Mentoring, being mentored, networking and community are important.
- Reflection and meditation are very helpful.
- Celebrate achievments :).
- Show others you care.
Do you have other suggestions? Feel free to comment below.